Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Rolling Ficelle--Work of Art?

I've been serving as resident food truck evangelist at the law firm.  One of my buddies has been up for new truck adventures, so we decided to head out between showers on Monday and see what was parked around Metro Center (although he was seriously craving Benethiopian).  We saw the Rolling Ficelle truck and decided to give a whirl.

The concept is pretty cool: take a ficelle (sort of a softer baguette), and pick a set of sandwich fillings.  The sandwiches are all named after famous artists.  The best choice for vegans: The Klee (named after Swiss/German painter Paul Klee) is served with hummus, fresh spinach, tomatoes (a new favorite of mine after many years of fearing the uncooked variety) and some roasted peppers.  The hummus is tasty, but the peppers are sort of bland.  However, all in all the fillings are good.  The real winner: the bread.  I love the bread--indeed, it might be my single biggest food weakness.  The ficelles they use (from Lyon Bakery) are just crazy good.

All in all, this is a good lunch, not too heavy, which was perfect for an ungodly humid day.  The service is very quick and friendly.  I understand that Rolling Ficelle is considering some other vegan options: I say, go forth and prosper.  Were there more options, I would put this into the weekly rotation, as it is, I will be a frequent visitor.

I thought I would start rating trucks on a one to four wheel scale.  I will give Ficelle 3.0 wheels, and look forward to a return visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment