Friday, July 8, 2011

No Food Trucks, But If You Ever Get to Chattanooga....

I travel a lot for work-it's the lot in life of an attorney.  For the past eight months, I've had to go to Chattanooga at least 2-3 times per month.  Food options? Have been limited to Panera Bread and Qdoba (before the recent vegan plunge, my vegetarian self would get pizza at the Chattanoogan Hotel, where I usually stay).  Got bold this time, and when my flight landed Wednesday night, I Yelped "Lebanese Food"--low and behold, there's a new restaurant in downtown, on the way to the hotel called Four Winds.

The owners were a couple of cool guys from Israel, and they were proud to offer a number of vegan options (as the guy at the bar was glad to inform me).  I grabbed a Falafel Sandwich for the road, and headed out to the hotel.  Delicious.  Last night, I got back from a long day of meetings, hit the gym, and ordered--wait for it--delivery! From the same place!  Hummous sandwich and fattoush (Lebanese Salad).  Equally fine.  I was very happy to find healthy vegan alternatives in Chattanooga, and came back less malnourished than usual.

Four Winds is located on the North Side of the river, but adjacent to downtown, in a funky neighborhood.  No website to link to, but the address is 417 Frazier Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment